ROBOTIC SOFTWARE ENGINEERING – SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Paid pre-grad or graduate internship (8-10 weeks)
Burro is a Philadelphia-based startup, backed by top agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle. Our mission is to solve the labor problem facing farmers by making collaborative robots like Wall-E a reality. To do this, we are pioneering vision-based commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, demand for our product is accelerating, and we are doubling our team. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity.
You believe in our mission, and are excited to work on challenging problems at the nexus of autonomy and real-world-use in agriculture. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team. You want to get first hand experience doing, with a high-growth team scaling a vision-based autonomous platform at warp speed.
- Tackle various projects, including integrating and calibrating a full sensor stack, building out a simulation suite, and developing and testing algorithms for vision-based perception and navigation.
- Develop and maintain a constellation of software packages
- Work with our team and contribute to our culture of collaboration, innovation, and intellectual curiosity
- You love to tinker – you mess around building things and coding for fun
- Outstanding educational credentials including working towards a degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related subject
- Experience writing C++ and/or Python code
- Experience with tensorflow, Caffe, Ceres Solver, ROS, OpenCV, and PCL
- Passion for solving challenges and building opportunities around commercial robots
Nice to haves:
- Game development or simulation (Unreal, Unity, Gazebo etc)
- Embedded systems
- Parallel computing (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP etc.)
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution