Robotics Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer
Develop and maintain full stack code on commercial robots
85% player / 15% coach – we have a huge fleet of robots running – personality robot to robot isn’t ok – you’re building the backend for the fleet that keeps them going – entrepreneurial – hungry to learn – you want to build the foundation for scaling.
Who we are:
Burro is a Philadelphia-based startup, backed by top agtech and autonomy investors. Our mission is to solve the labor problem facing farmers by making collaborative robots like Wall-E a reality. To do this, we are pioneering vision-based commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, demand for our product is accelerating, and we are doubling our team. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity.
What we need to see:
You believe in our mission, and are passionate about working on challenging problems at the nexus of autonomy and real-world-use. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success, and will also hold meaningful equity and grow as we continue to accelerate
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain key infrastructure components (cloud, networking, VPN, security etc.) in a Linux environment
- Implement tools and systems that aid development (continuous integration, code review, testing etc.)
- Setup processes for provisioning and maintaining robots (Database and repository management)
- Manage releases including but not limited to small features, and hotfixes
- Setup and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in code reviews and guide team members to success
- Optimize existing code to make it leaner and more effective whilst following industry best practices.
- 1-3 years of experience working in production environments maintaining and deploying a commercial codebase
- Strong coding skills in C++ and Python with experience writing and maintaining production-quality code
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Comfortable working on containerization systems, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of development tools such as git, cmake, Jenkins/Travis
- Fierce work ethic and self-motivated
- Experience with cloud-based services (aws), and SQL
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with ROS
- Experience deploying industry-grade software
- Web-based development (React, php etc.)
- Experience porting from python2 to python3
- User interface or app development experience
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution
As part of our recruiting process, we will ask you to complete a technical assessment. If you would like, you can do the test now – candidates who complete the test before an interview will be strongly considered by our team.