Support the deployment of a large fleet of autonomous robots
Burro is a Philadelphia-based startup, backed by top agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle. Our mission is to solve the labor shortages facing farmers by making collaborative robots like Wall-E a reality. To do this, we are pioneering vision-based commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, demand for our product is accelerating, and we are doubling our team. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity.
You believe in our mission, and are passionate about working on challenging problems at the nexus of autonomy and real-world-use. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success, and will also hold meaningful equity and grow as we continue to accelerate.
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis of autonomy failures in the field
- Help triage issues for our tech team
- Perform field testing and Quality Assurance on new code before its release to the fleet
- Assist with various field implementation related to R&D efforts
- Provide continuous training to the field support team on our software stack and expected robots behavior
- Perform complex hardware replacement and rework, supervise rework campaigns
- 2+ years industry experience working with autonomous vehicle systems.
- Understanding of systems built in a ROS framework
- Experience debugging hardware and software
- Comfortable developing code written in C++ & Python
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a closely related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong communication skills
- Spanish fluency
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution.