Develop software to command autonomous robots
Burro is a Philadelphia-based startup, backed by top agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle. Our mission is to solve the labor shortages facing farmers by making collaborative robots like Wall-E a reality. To do this, we are pioneering vision-based commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, demand for our product is accelerating, and we are doubling our team. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity.
You believe in our mission, and are passionate about working on challenging problems at the nexus of autonomy and real-world-use. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success, and will also hold meaningful equity and grow as we continue to accelerate.
- Implement state-of-the-art methods for localization, perception, planning and control.
- Write high-quality code that will be shipped with our products
- Identify, debug and resolve issues observed in the field and in the code base
- Participate in code reviews
- Optimize existing code to make it leaner and more effective whilst following industry best practices
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a closely related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in methods for robot navigation including: sensor fusion, state estimation, computer vision, planning and control
- Demonstrated competency in C++ & Python
- Experience with ROS
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with software development process
- Simulation (Unreal, Unity, Gazebo etc)
- Parallel computing (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP etc.)
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution.
As part of our recruiting process, we will ask you to complete a technical assessment. If you would like, you can do the test now – candidates who complete the test before an interview will be strongly considered by our team.