Senior Robotics Engineer, Localization
Develop visual navigation that ensure our robots are never lost
85% player / 15% coach – you WANT to Implement production grade localization autonomy, primarily in C++, that will go right into commercial use.
Burro is a Philadelphia-based startup, backed by top agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle. Our mission is to solve the labor shortages facing farmers by making collaborative robots like Wall-E a reality. To do this, we are pioneering vision-based commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, demand for our product is accelerating, and we are doubling our team. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity.
You believe in our mission, and are passionate about working on challenging problems at the nexus of autonomy and real-world-use. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success, and will also hold meaningful equity and grow as we continue to accelerate.
- Design and implementing state-of-the-art methods for estimating vehicle pose in both GPS-available and GPS-denied environments.
- Building computer-vision based navigation system to operate in outdoor environments
- Develop, unit test, implement, deploy, validate/monitor performance, then rinse and repeat in a continuous fashion across a fleet of deployed industrial robots
- Participating in code review sessions, and guiding fellow team members to success
- Optimize existing code to make it leaner and more effective whilst following industry best practices.
- 2+ years designing and developing solutions for vision-based SLAM, state estimation and sensor fusion
- 2+ development experience with C++
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a closely related field, or B.S. plus equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in methods for robot localization, including: Sensor fusion, State estimation, Computer vision, and GPS navigation
- Comfort with Python
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with GPS-based navigation
- Experience in Planning and Control
- Simulation (Unreal, Unity, Gazebo etc)
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution.
As part of our recruiting process, we will ask you to complete a technical assessment. If you would like, you can do the test now – candidates who complete the test before an interview will be strongly considered by our team.