Senior Software Engineer
Develop and maintain full stack code on commercial robots
At Augean Robotics we are pioneering commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the future where collaborative robots work alongside people while laying the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, our launch product, Burro, is shipping out in 6 packs to some of the world’s largest growers, and we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will develop and maintain deployable code. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success. You will also hold meaningful equity, and grow as we accelerate our growth.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for software engineers to work on developing Augean Robotics’ fleet of autonomous farm robots. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and deploying our code on robots around the globe.
● Design, code and test high quality software necessary to ensure reliable and safe functioning of a robot fleet
● Lead development and direction on software architecture
● Implement tools and systems that aid development (continuous integration, code review, automated testing etc.)
● Participate in code reviews and guide team members to success
● Optimize existing code to make it leaner and more effective whilst following industry best practices.
● Strong coding skills in C++ and Python with experience writing and maintaining production-quality code
● Experience with Linux/Unix environments
● Good knowledge of development tools such as git, cmake, Jenkins/Travis
● Fierce work ethic and self-motivated
● Experience deploying industry-grade software
● Cloud-based services, AWS, SQL
● Game development or simulation (Unreal, Unity, Gazebo etc)
● Web-based development (React, php etc.)
● Embedded systems
● Experience with ROS
● User interface or app development experience
● Parallel computing (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP etc.)
● Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
● Generous early-stage equity
● Flexible vacation policy
● Be at ground zero of the robot revolution
Our mission is to free people from tedious tasks outdoors, beginning with collaborative robots that help farm laborers work more productively, while also laying the base for ever more expansive autonomy where it is needed most. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity. We are backed by some of the top US agtech and tech VCs, and based in Philadelphia, PA.