Senior Robotic Software/Systems Engineer
Burro is a Philadelphia-based startup, backed by top agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle. Our mission is to solve the labor problem facing farmers by making collaborative robots like Wall-E a reality. To do this, we are pioneering vision-based commercial robots into dynamic unstructured outdoor environments and building the foundation for expansive high-value autonomy. Today, demand for our product is accelerating, and we are doubling our team. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity.
You believe in our mission, and are passionate about working on challenging problems at the nexus of autonomy and real-world-use. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success, and will also hold meaningful equity and grow as we continue to accelerate.
You will architect and implement production-level code for large fleet of autonomous ground vehicles. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver software that meets product requirements and ensures a high degree of introspection and reliability. Further responsibilities can be summarized as:
- Lead development and direction on software architecture
- Design, code and test high quality software necessary to ensure reliable and safe functioning of a robot fleet
- Implement tools and systems that aid development (agile, continuous integration, code review, automated testing etc.)
- Optimize existing code to make it leaner and more effective whilst following industry best practices.
- Improve existing processes, implement industry best practices
- Perform and lead code reviews
- 4+ years in a software engineering role
- 2+ years writing C++ for production
- Fluency in Python
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Understanding of ROS
- Leader and initiator
- Passion for robotics
- Embedded systems and sensors (GPS, cameras, serial comms etc)
- System Reliability experience
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision)
- Generous early-stage equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution