Strategy and Operations Analyst
Strategy, business development, growth initiatives, operations
Here at Augean Robotics we are solving the number one challenge threatening farmers/growers – a severe shortage of laborers – with automation. Our launch product, Burro, is a collaborative robotic platform that augments farm workers today, improving their working conditions and enabling them to work more productively, while simultaneously collecting the data necessary to further automate tasks. Today, we are shipping Burros to some of the world’s largest growers, and are seeking a highly motivated analyst, passionate about working at the intersection of agtech and robotics, to join our high-growth team. The role will involve a broad array of activities supporting our strategy and operations, such as upgrading internal systems, refining our strategy and roadmap, identifying future growth and funding opportunities, and helping to develop corporate partnerships and business development. As an early team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success. You will also hold meaningful equity, and grow as we accelerate our growth.
What you’ll do:
You get your hands-dirty in a fast-paced startup environment, where you’ll learn by doing, and will be responsible for a broad variety of projects relating to scaling an early stage high tech company.
- Work directly with our CEO, Strategy & Operations Manager and founding team, and spearhead/manage projects relating to product management, finance, fundraising, board management, operations, and strategy
- Build out internal operations and develop relationships with suppliers in order to scale from hand-building low volume (20-50) robots to high volume 100+
- Work with engineers to understand technology, assess industries/expansion markets, and develop platform strategy
- Identify business development opportunities and corporate partnerships, refine strategy and product roadmap, etc.
- Travel to customers in California and other geographies to understand their operations, and to showcase robots
- Work at ground zero of the robot revolution
- Outstanding team contributor and leader, able to work on and lead cross-functional teams including engineers, suppliers, investors, customers, sales/field support, etc.
- Fierce work ethic and self-motivated
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role in consulting, VC/PE, corporate strategy, or with an operating company
- Ability to take complex, ambiguous concepts, distill them into understandable path, and lead action
- Undergraduate degree in liberal arts, business, engineering, or other related field
- Passion for commercial robotics
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous early-stage equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Be at ground zero of the robot revolution
Our mission is to free people from tedious tasks outdoors, beginning with collaborative robots that help farm laborers work more productively, while also laying the base for ever more expansive autonomy where it is needed most. As a full stack company, sitting at the nexus of hardware/robotics, autonomy, and artificial intelligence, we are launching the first generation of robots into the world’s largest industry – agriculture, and solving the #1 challenge facing our food system – labor scarcity. We are backed by some of the top US agtech and tech VCs, and based in Philadelphia, PA, with offices in Salinas and Fresno, CA.