- Burro is a collaborative robot designed to help people work more productively while building the base for more automation where it is needed most
- We tested a fleet of Burros through the 2019 table grape season where they have enabled crews of 6 to 10 to pick/pack 42% more fruit each day.
- Now, having proven that Burros can enable productivity gains, and having tested them extensively, we are taking orders for delivery in 2021, and have fleets running thousands of autonomous miles monthly with customers today.
- If you’d like to do a one to two week demo with Burros to determine whether you’d like to order units for 2021, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired date and information.
- Interested in being one of our tool partners? We invite partners to collaborate in developing further autonomy and data capabilities utilizing our Burros. Get in touch here if you would like to do so.
|People Following||Vision based|
|Teach and Repeat||Vision based + GPS|
|Row Following||Vision based|
|Teach and Repeat with Row Following||Vision based + GPS|
|Obstacle handling - stopping and avoidance/path planning||Vision based|
|Data Collection||up to 1 terabyte / hour|
|Crop row scouting||Vision based|
|Remote View||Online dashboard view (see robot on map, what it's doing, and what it is seeing)|
|Other behaviors coming soon|
|Computing and Sensors|
|CPU & GPU||Onboard (all computing onboard/local)|
|Modem||ATT/Verizon 4G LTE Modem|
|Interface, Safety, and Lighting|
|Bumper Bars||Front and Rear|
|Lighting||Saftey/area lighting front and rear|
|Safety Noises||Alerts so users hear Burro and know what Burro is doing|
|Size & Weight|
|Weight, lbs. (kg)||300 (136)|
|Max Payload, lbs. (kg)||500 (226)|
|Max Speed, MPH (M/S)||5 (2.25)|
|Length, Inches (cm)||52 (132)|
|Width, Inches (cm)||27 (68.5) for narrow applications, or 36 (91.4) for Table Grape Growers|
|Height, Inches (cm)||26 (66)|
|Tires||14.5 x 5.00-6|
|Power & Range|
|Wheel Motors||5 horsepower|
|Range, miles (KM)||6(10) with base battery; 8(12.8) extended range battery available. NOTE: Range depends on speed and load.|
|Batteries||2 x 100ah SLA Batteries (base). Optional 2 x 125ah Batteries available.|
|Battery Charge time||10 hours|
|Batteries Field Swap-able?||yes|
|DC Voltages on platform||12V, 24V (others available)|
|Pricing and Availability|
A: Range is a function of load, speed, terrain, and temperature. In real world testing, our base battery option yields 6.5 miles of range while running 2 miles per hour and loaded 50% of the time, with an average load of around 250 pounds. We offer longer range batteries for growers who desire more range.
A: In Table Grape production one Burro can support up to 8 or 10 people working (2-3 packers, 6-7 pickers) depending on crew layout, crop load, and picker speed. You can download this excel model to make different assumptions.
A: Here is a field guide for optimal crew layouts and field setups.
See this video which runs through things you can do to help Burros run smoothly. In short, relatively clean rows without too many weeds or vines hanging down, push packing tables to the opposite row and pick out full rows so that Burros can enter/exit easily, and train your crews so they understand how best to use Burro.
The image below illustrates how we typically see table grape growers laying out their harvesting crews on top, and the optimal way we have observed to harvest with Burros below.
A: You can download this excel model which runs through productivity levels the Augean Robotics team has observed while testing with the California Table Grape Commission. In the optimal scenario for Burro, the productivity gains that have been observed through testing should yield a 24 day ROI.